5 Tips to make cleaning fun!
Cleaning and fun don't usually go in the same category for many people. It can be tedious and many will find ANYTHING else to do instead of it. For me it's therapeutic and I think that's because I use it as my "me" time and I follow these tips which makes the experience really enjoyable.
1. Listen to something you enjoy. At the moment I am obsessed with Australia True Crime Podcasts. Yes it completely freaks me out but I just can't stop listening! I also love audiobooks. I find it really hard to have the time to read books and at night I am usually way too tired. Now I listen to audiobooks and get through a lot because I listen in the car, when I'm cooking, cleaning and doing the washing. At the moment I'm listening to Harry Potter... again.
2. Write a checklist. It can be so satisfying to check tasks off a list and also helps you to stay focussed on achieving your goals. It could more general list, for example, clean the bathroom, or a more details list of, clean bath, clean shower, clean sink, etc. Some people like to write it down and strike out the tasks, I personally like to use the list on my phone and as I check things off my list they disappear so I can see my list getting shorter.
3. Use cleaning Products you like. I personally love the smell of clean, fresh products. At the moment I am using Nature Direct. They are natural, smell great and clean well. I also really like using specific cloths for the different surfaces. They clean those certain surfaces better and make the job easier. Having the right tools makes cleaning far easier and therefore more enjoyable. It could be using a magic eraser for certain areas, or having a good window cleaning to leave a streak-less finish.
4. Step count. When you're cleaning you are constantly on your feet and moving around. I check my apple watch to show me how many steps I am achieving and the distance I have travelled whilst cleaning. Then I try and better my time and distance when I am cleaning the next time.
5. Cleaning Hacks. I know that not everyone sits in bed watching cleaning hack videos but it is so motivating! Some of those super tough areas can be cleaned easily, and the ingredients are usually things that are already in your home.
I hope that these tips help you to enjoy cleaning as much as I do. If you have any other tips that you use to make cleaning more fun comment below. I'd love to hear your hacks as well. Clean house, clean mind!