Newborn night time essentials
With a 10 week old baby, we are still in the thick of sleepless nights. Our little one is in a bassinet next to our bed and I have this box of essentials within reach. Waking up to feed at all hours of the night is hard enough, but the thought of having to get up and change the baby makes me feel exhausted just contemplating it. That's where this box of tricks comes in handy. I can change the baby on the bed, still half asleep. The box is from ikea and costs just under $10, but any container will do. To start with I have...
- Nappies- at least 5, newborns go through a lot of nappies.
- Nappy bags- somewhere to put the dirty nappies.
- Wipes- I like to use a smaller case as its easier to use during the night (and fits nicely into the box).
- Nappy cream- I use Burts Bees and I love it!
- Hand Sanitiser- I always wipe my hands with a wipe, then sanitise. It saves me getting up to wash my hands every nappy change- which would defeat the purpose of the box.
- Hand moisturiser. Cleaning your hands all day and night really dries them out. I am using this glasshouse moisturiser in Montego Bay. It's my favourite scent of theirs.
- Some extra singlets or bodysuits.
- Plus a onesie or two for those fun blowouts. This cute grey onesie is from Seed. It's thicker and has been perfect to get us through Melbourne's winter nights. Plus it's adorable and comes with a matching hat.
- *A little side note: Babies shouldn't sleep in beanies or hats as per the SIDS recommendations.
- Sitting under the box is a thicker bassinet blanket for those colder nights.
- A spare muslin wrap for when the blowouts-blow out.
- A cloth nappy, I use this for burping and spit up.
- And lastly, a feeding pillow. It's easy to forget to use this but try and use something otherwise you'll end up with a really sore neck and back.
I hope you enjoyed this little post. If you use any other helpful night time essentials, comment below. ☺︎