I have so many issues getting different fruits and vegetables into my 2 year old. She is incredibly fussy (as I've mentioned before), and I am constantly trying new ways to get her to try different textures and flavours. Although she won't eat strawberries, she will eat these strawberry muffins which have real strawberry pieces in them. So it's a little win for me. Plus they are dairy free so I can eat them with her.
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup of rice milk
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of strawberries, hulled and cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Grease a muffin tray and dust with flour. I personally use a patty pan tray as they are shallower and make a better portion size for little hands.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the rice milk and vinegar. Allow to stand for approximately 10 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Add the sugar and mix together.
- To your milk bowl, add the egg and coconut oil and whisk until well combined. Add this to your dry ingredients along with the strawberry pieces.
- Stir lightly until mixed, don't over do it or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture into your tray and cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cook, serve and enjoy. ☺︎