Christmas Tree Star Cookies
These cookies are super cute. A great idea is to replace the top star with a place setting card. Your guests will be very impressed with these at the christmas table.
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
200g white chocolate melted
icing sugar to serve
Star cookie cutters. You can get these in all different sizes. I got a star cookie cutter set from house for $3.99. The largest star being approx 7cm.
- Using an electic mixer, beat the nuttalex, sugar and vanilla. Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and cornflour over butter mixture and combine.
- Halve cookie dough, mould into disc shapes and wrap in baking paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160º C. Roll each disc out between baking paper to around 3mm thick.
- To make each tree you will need 3 large, 3 medium and 3 small stars. If you would like a star on top then 1 tiny star will also need to be cut per tree.
- I continued to cut the stars until I had no more dough left and managed to make 4 full trees with a couple extra stars in different sizes (just in case).
- Place stars onto a prepared tray and refrigerate for a further 15-20 minutes. Then bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
To assemble trees:
- Place one of the large stars on a flat surface and drop a small amount of melted white chocolate onto the middle of the cookie. Add a second large star but roate it slightly so that it is at a different angle to the first. Repeat with the third large star. Repeat all steps with 3 medium stars and then 3 small stars. Top with either a tiny star or place card, using the white chocolate to hold in place. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy. ☺︎