Ever feel like christmas sneaks up on you so quickly your left in a daze of baubles, lights, wrapping paper and puddings? I have a few tips that I do to make the whole season less daunting and more enjoyable...
1. If you haven't started already make a list of everyone you need to buy gifts for. I usually do this on my phone in the notes section because I always have my phone on me. I can then run through the names and add gifts that I have already thought of or got for each person. (I actually do this really early in the year because if I am ever with that person and they mention something they like or want I can quickly add it to the list).
2. Secret Santa. If you have a big family christmas a secret santa is a great way to ease the pressure on the wallet. We try to have ours organised in November so that everyone has time to get their SS a present (or swap to someone they already have thought of something for).
3. Start looking at recipes. I always have a little look on my phone before going to sleep at night. I find this helps me be more productive the next day. Just by googling 'christmas recipes' brings up so many different ideas. I can then find things I like the look of and can screen shoot the recipe. Then when I get the opportunity, I can look back through my photos and start working out what ingredients I need etc.
4. Make life a little easier for yourself. There are many delis and restaurants that will give you a completely prepared turkey or ham. They are on the pricier side but can save you hours giving you more time for the other million things on your to-do list.
5. Another wonderful idea is Real Christmas Trees Melbourne. These amazing people will deliver and set up a christmas tree for you and on the 4th or 5th of January, will come and take it away. Genius!
Stay tuned for more Christmas organisation tips...