If you have little detectives in your household and have exhausted all the hiding places you can think of than here's a few new, fresh ideas to keep them on their toes...
1. Your underwear draw. Not many kids think (or want) to look in there.
2. The garage in black bin bags. Make sure you don't forgot and accidentally throw them in the garbage.
3. Suitcases. If your planning on staying at home then suitcases, duffle bags and travel bags can be a great place to store presents.
4. The bottom on the laundry hamper. My children certainly never look in there. And if your family goes through as much washing as mine does, then you never have to worry about the presents being visible under the never ending pile of clothes.
5. The boot of your car. Although make sure you lock your car, even if its in the garage, just in case you forget and send your kids to put things in the boot.
6. Borrow a friends house. Friends without kids is the ideal place as they won't have any mini investigators themselves.
7. In a box labelled 'cleaning supplies'. Wherever you usually keep cleaning supplies, add another box or take your normal cleaning supplies out and put the presents inside.
8. Work. Depending on your work you may be able to hide presents in your office. Just make sure you remember to take them home before finishing up for the festive season.
9. Under your bed in boxes or black bin bags. If you think this is too obvious then add a few red herrings around the presents filled with old clothes.
10. Right in front of their eyes. Plastic containers at the top of their wardrobes can also be a great place to hide presents. They'll never think to look there. Especially if you label the box 'Old clothes' or 'Clothes to donate'.
I hope these few ideas help you with your secret christmas mission this season. Happy hiding. ☺︎