1. Christmas Square. Discover nutcracker soldiers, interactive candy canes and get a free photo with Santa. On Saturday's 26th Nov, 3rd Dec, head down between 12-1pm and dance your troubles away to the kindling radio DJ's.
Dates: 25th Nov- 25th December.
2. Christmas Projections. Melbourne town hall come stop life every night from 9-10.20pm. This one is for the older children, but will definitely get some "oo's and ahh's" from everyone.
Dates: 30th Nov- 25th Dec.
3. Santa's Sand Land Join in the 'sandsational' fun (their words not mine). Frankston foreshore is known for their amazing sand creations and are working hard on creating a special Santa sand land. Cost: $11-$30 and you do need to book in a time frame. Date: 16th-23rd Dec.
4. Christmas light display. The Boulevard in Ivanhoe is one of Melbourne's best streets for Christmas light decorations. There's usually a lot of traffic so be prepared to park nearby and walk down the street.
Date: 10th-24th Dec 8-11pm.
5. Carols in the Park. Every year the bayside christmas carols brings in a huge audience of families. Bring along a picnic and some friends and enjoy the entertainment. Date: 13th of December. 5-9.30pm. Dendy Park, Brighton.
I hope this gives you some inspiration of things to do with your kids in Melbourne over this festive season. ☺︎